The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The senior accountant will have contact with senior-level attorneys and the firm’s executive director and controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Payroll Process
- Direct Deposit Entry and Bank Submittal
- Check Printing
- Final Check Process
- Monthly Payments to Unions
- Monthly Training Fund Deposits
- Monthly Contribution Plan Deposits
- Monthly 401k Deposits
- Garnishment Payments
- Certified Payroll Reports
- Yearly, Quarterly Tax Reporting (State and Federal)
- Wage Determination Updating and Tracking
- Communication with Union Reps. To maintain proper payments
- Knowledge of how to use classifications and rates properly inside of Viewpoint
- Weekly Payroll Costs Reporting (Stanton & USS Cal Builders)
- Account Reconciliations
- Have the ability to correct issue on their own.
In addition, this person will be handling the Cash Receivable side of Data entry and financial reporting.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a construction/engineering or professional services firm is preferred.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Viewpoints a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.